Jenifer W. Svancara
Prior to joining the firm, Jenifer spent over a decade as in-house counsel at one of the largest U.S. Commercial Property and Casualty insurance providers where she gained extensive experience and knowledge in all areas of litigation. Jenifer was able to expand upon that experience at SWRS, where she has handled numerous cases in all areas of civil litigation including automobile accidents, construction litigation, design professional defense, employment and labor law, complex products liability and wrongful death cases. Jenifer has represented a wide range of clients from small family-owned businesses to large multi-state corporations in both state and federal courts.
Jenifer’s hard work and attention to early investigation of claims has assisted her in defending her clients. Utilizing these skills, she has been able to leverage surveillance video in a slip and fall case to negotiate a minor settlement against an exorbitant initial demand. In another matter, Jenifer obtained a defense verdict in a property damage claim where plaintiffs were seeking $1.3 million. Jenifer also obtained a favorable ruling on a hotly contested dispositive motion that was appealed and upheld by both the Kansas Court of Appeals and the Kansas Supreme Court.
- The Missouri Bar
- The Kansas Bar Association
- The Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- UMKC Law Alumni Association Special President’s Award (2002)
- Kansas Legal Update, CNA Commercial Claims Unit, 2017
- Ethical Billing Practices, SWRS Lunch and Learn, 2019
- Preparing a Witness for Depositions, SWRS Lunch and Learn, 2020